+ Are you willing to provide references?
Absolutely. Just Ask.
+ Do you work with clients who live outside of Georgia?
Yes. Techology makes it easy.
Although not at all required, many of our out-of-state clients visit Georgia to meet with us in person and to visit the historic cities of Athens and Atlanta. As we regularly present at national academic and professional conferences, we also regularly visit with clients residing in or near major cities across the United States.
+ Should I be working with a financial planner?
In this increasingly complex economic world, where tax laws, economic conditions, and the overall financial landscape change so often and so fast, it is advantageous for practically every person (retirees, pre-retirees, and young professionals alike) to work with an independent and certified financial services professional.
Few people possess the knowledge and experience needed, or have the time or desire, to manage their own investment portfolio or plan for their retirement in the most effective way possible. Furthermore, a mountain of research in the field of behavioral economics illustrates the adverse affects of one's own emotional and cognitive biases when making financial decisions, particularly investment decisions.
An effective financial planner can more than offset the cost of their services through optimal planning strategies and investment management.
Since we strongly believe that everyone can benefit from working with a financial planner, we have developed a competitive cost structure conducive to both highly affluent families and young professionals.
Our best advice for you is to set up a consultation to meet us and learn more about how you can benefit from our financial planning and investment management services. This is a no-sales, no-obligation meeting where at the very least your knowledge about financial planning will increase.
+ What is your fee and how is it calculated?
We work only for you; therefore, the only way we are compensated is by you. We accept no commissions or referral fees. Our fees are always transparent and always communicated.
What is your fee? The annual fee ranges from 0.50% to 1.00% of the amount of your investable assets under our management and is charged monthly (e.g., 1% divided by 12). Exactly 1/12th of the fee is paid at the beginning of each month and is based on the value of your investment portfolio on the last day of the previous month.
The percentage fee above includes all of our ongoing financial planning services, with a minimum monthly fee of $250/month.
How do I pay your fee? Clients typically authorize us to deduct our management fee directly from their investment accounts each month. Clients can see the amount of the fee charged on their monthly account statements or by logging into their online accounts at any time.
+ Can you manage my 401(k), 403(b), or other Employer Sponsored Retirement Plan?
Absolutely. We utilize the latest financial planning technology to incorporate your employer-sponsored retirement accounts within your overall investment portfolio. This is incredibly important and most financial planners do not offer this option.
+ What is your investment philosophy?
We do not bet on popular funds, nor do we chase after high investment returns that are not maintainable in the long-term. Instead, we focus on the tried and proven strategy of adhering to a disciplined investment plan designed to achieve long-term rates of return that will allow our clients to meet their goals, while minimizing risk as much as is possible.
More specifically, our investment philosophy is based, in large part, upon Modern Portfolio Theory and the benefits of seeking broad, global diversification. We base our investment decisions on a combination of the latest academic research and analyses of current economic indicators.
Our investment strategy is predominately passive in nature in terms of individual security selection, but active in terms of asset allocation decisions. Since the vast majority of scholarly research suggests a passive method of security selection offers the highest probabilities of goal attainment, we focus on actively managing asset allocations as well as asset locations when making decisions between taxable versus tax-advantaged accounts.
We manage all of our clients' investment accounts, including all retirement accounts, as one overall portfolio to allow for the greatest investment growth and tax efficiency.
+ What services do you offer?
We are substantially more holistic in our service offerings than the vast majority of other firms in the country. We offer services in:
- Investment Management
- Retirement Planning
- Tax Planning
- Financial Organization
- Risk Management Analysis
- Estate Planning
Because we adhere to a systemic perspective and believe each component of one's financial life affects all other parts, we provide each client with a personalized financial plan covering all aspects of their financial lives in addition to ongoing investment management. Our stated fee includes all of our financial planning services.
+ What sets you apart from other financial advisors? Why should I choose E&G as my financial planner?
- Our firm is made up of individuals holding university degrees specifically in financial planning. Members of E+G also hold the most prestigious credentials in the investment and financial planning profession, including Ph.D., CFP®, and CDFA® - we are one of the most highly credentialed private wealth management firms in the country.
- We have the legal obligation to act as your fiduciary agent and to always do what is in your best interest (we are not an agent of a large investment company with a legal obligation to do what is in the best interest of that company).
- We do NOT accept commissions, kickbacks, or third-party fees for recommending or selling investment and insurance products. This absolves us from an inherent conflict of interest to which the vast majority of financial advisors are subject. Clients receive only objective, unbiased advice from us.
- We use a holistic approach to investment management and financial planning, continually integrating the latest research and evidence-based strategies into our clients' overall plans.
- We provide a personalized approach to financial planning and investment management, and measure our own success by our clients' success in achieving their goals in life.
- As a truly independent firm, we have access to the entire marketplace of investments, allowing us to invest our clients' money in the best mutual funds and exchange traded funds in the world.
- We foster life-long relationships with our clients and always remain committed to adjusting their financial plan as their goals and circumstances in life evolve.
- We utilize research-based, disciplined investment strategies and strive for long-term rates of return that will allow our clients to meet their goals, while minimizing risk as much as is possible.
+ Do you follow a fiduciary standard of care?
Unfortunately, not all financial advisors are held to the same legal and ethical standards - or even the same definition of "fiduciary." This is incredibly confusing for the consumer.
Please know that each member of our team has the legal obligation to act as your fiduciary agent AT ALL TIMES and to ALWAYS do what is in your best interest. We adhere to the highest ethical standards as established by the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) and CFP Board.
We are among the 2%.