Associate Financial Planner
About Elwood & Goetz
Elwood & Goetz is a fast-growing, fee-only, independent financial planning firm with offices in Athens, Atlanta, Charleston, and Naples. As fiduciaries to our clients, we provide comprehensive, personalized, and objective wealth management for individuals, families, and businesses. We believe that financial planning is first and foremost a helping profession.
Recognized as having one of the most educated and credentialed advisory teams in the country, we serve more than 500 families in over 35 states and have earned an annual client retention rate above 99%.
In 2022, Elwood & Goetz was named one of America’s Best Places to Work for Financial Advisers by InvestmentNews.
Elwood & Goetz is a Registered Investment Adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and an equal opportunity employer.
As a fee-only financial planning team and fiduciary, our mission is to guide clients to financial fulfillment by finding balance between living their best lives today and reaching their goals for tomorrow.
To be the exemplary financial planning firm in the country renowned for our integrity, sophistication, and generosity.
To achieve our mission and vision, we will:
- Rebuild credibility in the financial services industry and redefine financial planning as an honest, trusted, and transparent profession.
- Identify and eliminate financial stress, confusion, and burden for our clients.
- Share advice and education that is both unbiased and optimal, always rooted in evidence, experience, and the client’s best interest.
- Develop the best team of caring, competent, honest, and effective financial planners committed to our core values, independence, fee-only structure, and client-first approach.
- Use good judgment and do the right thing.
- Be accountable. Share credit and shoulder responsibility.
- Communicate authentically and transparently.
- Act in good faith — with positive intent and alacrity.
- Foster curiosity.
- Pursue lifelong learning and growth.
- Avoid shortcuts that compromise value. Put in the time and focus on the details.
- Exceed expectations and deliver exceptional experiences.
- Treat people with kindness, dignity, and compassion.
- Be passionate about helping our clients, our colleagues, and our communities.
- Build relationships rooted in mutual trust and respect.
- Encourage gratitude and appreciation.
Diverse Talent Statement
Our employees are our greatest strength. At Elwood & Goetz, we are committed to an equitable and inclusive culture where every employee feels comfortable bringing their true and authentic selves to work. We welcome, celebrate, and seek out diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences. We know that through our differences, we bring unique perspectives, ideas, and principles that make our team — and our clients — better.
Description & Responsibilities
The Associate Financial Planner is a key member of our planning team and essential to helping us maintain our detail-oriented, responsive client service.
Our planning teams work directly with individuals, families, and businesses to design, deliver, and implement comprehensive financial plans. Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
- Co-managing client relationships and financial plan development.
- Preparing meeting materials, delivering recommendations, and communicating with clients regarding meetings and follow-up items.
- Assisting with client onboarding, account applications and openings, and other operational tasks.
- Organizing, prioritizing, and tracking action items for planning teams.
- Proactively responding to client inquiries and service requests.
- Conducting analysis for client-specific situations (e.g., mortgage refinance, insurance quotes, employee benefits review, stock option plans, etc.).
This position is based onsite at our Athens, Georgia, office.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in financial planning required (May 2023 graduates will also be considered).
- CFP® designation or plans to earn CFP® designation in the near future required.
- Accept the daily commitment to further our mission, pursue our vision, and enact and embrace our core values.
- Uncompromising dedication to our fiduciary oath and ethical standards.
- Conscientious and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Unwavering desire to help others.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with education background, professional accomplishments, and overall experience
- Health insurance (premiums for employees covered 100% by the firm)
- Employer paid long-term disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Bonus program for new client referrals
- Paid time off
- Charitable volunteer time
- Flex time
- Flexible work schedule
- Early weekend kickoff (4pm closing time on Friday)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sabbatical for every five years of service
- Professional designation expense reimbursement
- Continuing education allowance to maintain professional designations