Client Service Associate
About Elwood & Goetz
Elwood & Goetz is a fast-growing, fee-only, independent financial planning firm with offices in Athens, Atlanta, Charleston, and Naples. As fiduciaries to our clients, we provide comprehensive, personalized, and objective wealth management for individuals, families, and businesses. We believe that financial planning is first and foremost a helping profession.
Recognized as having one of the most educated and credentialed advisory teams in the country, we serve more than 500 families in over 35 states and have earned an annual client retention rate above 97%.
In 2023, Elwood & Goetz was named one of America’s Best Places to Work for Financial Advisers by InvestmentNews for the second consecutive year.
Elwood & Goetz is a Registered Investment Adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and an equal opportunity employer.
As a fee-only financial planning team and fiduciary, our mission is to guide clients to financial fulfillment by finding balance between living their best lives today and reaching their goals for tomorrow.
To be the exemplary financial planning firm in the country renowned for our integrity, sophistication, and generosity.
To achieve our mission and vision, we will:
- Rebuild credibility in the financial services industry and redefine financial planning as an honest, trusted, and transparent profession.
- Identify and eliminate financial stress, confusion, and burden for our clients.
- Share advice and education that is both unbiased and optimal, always rooted in evidence, experience, and the client’s best interest.
- Develop the best team of caring, competent, honest, and effective financial planners committed to our core values, independence, fee-only structure, and client-first approach.
- Use good judgment and do the right thing.
- Be accountable. Share credit and shoulder responsibility.
- Communicate authentically and transparently.
- Act in good faith — with positive intent and alacrity.
- Foster curiosity.
- Pursue lifelong learning and growth.
- Avoid shortcuts that compromise value. Put in the time and focus on the details.
- Exceed expectations and deliver exceptional experiences.
- Treat people with kindness, dignity, and compassion.
- Be passionate about helping our clients, our colleagues, and our communities.
- Build relationships rooted in mutual trust and respect.
- Encourage gratitude and appreciation.
Diverse Talent Statement
Our employees are our greatest strength. At Elwood & Goetz, we are committed to an equitable and inclusive culture where every employee feels comfortable bringing their true and authentic selves to work. We welcome, celebrate, and seek out diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences. We know that through our differences, we bring unique perspectives, ideas, and principles that make our team — and our clients — better.
Description & Responsibilities
As a Client Service Associate, you are essential to maintaining our differentiating high-touch service as you work closely with our financial planners and clients to provide operational support. Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
- Working with our financial planners, clients, and custodians (i.e. Charles Schwab, Fidelity, etc.) to prepare, process, and track paperwork for new client onboarding, account transfers, and ongoing account maintenance.
- Monitoring service requests and alerts with Schwab Advisor Center.
- Processing money movement requests and Roth conversions.
- Preparing client reports, including portfolio reports, quarterly reports, and billing summaries.
- Managing Orion Advisor Technology to monitor new accounts and account transfers, set up client portal access, reconcile manual account transactions, monitor daily cash flows, and update asset classes.
- Managing and maintaining transactional data from ByAllAccounts and Pontera software systems.
- Reviewing daily trade reports.
- Working directly with new and existing clients and facilitating conference calls to roll over client retirement plans and annuity accounts.
- Managing special projects (e.g., RMDs, QCDs).
- In partnership with leadership, continually evaluate day to day activities for process improvement opportunities.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in financial planning, business administration, finance, or accounting preferred.
- Financial services experience preferred.
- Good understanding of finance and investment markets/securities.
- Accept the daily commitment to further our mission, vision, and values.
- Uncompromising dedication to our fiduciary oath and ethical standards.
- Conscientious and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Unwavering desire to help others.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is based onsite at our Atlanta office in Glenwood Park.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with education background, professional accomplishments, and overall experience
- Health insurance (premiums for employees covered 100% by the firm)
- Employer paid long-term disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Bonus program for new client referrals
- Paid time off
- Charitable volunteer time
- Flex time
- Flexible work schedule
- Early weekend kickoff (4pm closing time on Friday)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sabbatical for every five years of service
- Professional designation expense reimbursement
- Continuing education allowance to maintain professional designations